This specifies the changes included in the hard fork named Byzantium.
- Codename: Byzantium
- Aliases: Metropolis/Byzantium, Metropolis part 1
- Block >= 4,370,000 on Mainnet
- Block >= 1,700,000 on Ropsten testnet
- Included EIPs:
- EIP-100 (Change difficulty adjustment to target mean block time including uncles)
- EIP-140 (REVERT instruction in the Ethereum Virtual Machine)
- EIP-196 (Precompiled contracts for addition and scalar multiplication on the elliptic curve alt_bn128)
- EIP-197 (Precompiled contracts for optimal ate pairing check on the elliptic curve alt_bn128)
- EIP-198 (Precompiled contract for bigint modular exponentiation)
- EIP-211 (New opcodes: RETURNDATASIZE and RETURNDATACOPY)
- EIP-214 (New opcode STATICCALL)
- EIP-649 (Difficulty Bomb Delay and Block Reward Reduction)
- EIP-658 (Embedding transaction status code in receipts)
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0 (opens new window).